New to the Group

Luigi Bai August 19, 2020

Good morning! I am a legal aid attorney and project manager at Lone Star Legal Aid, a Texas non-profit law firm providing legal services to low-income families in 72 counties along the eastern third of Texas.

I manage two grants, funded by the Legal Services Corporation (Federal) and the Texas Access to Justice Foundation (Texas) to create and deliver legal information affected by (and often currently experiencing) a disaster. I think one of the biggest challenges to getting good legal information to people who need it is helping people understand their situation and the legal structure around it, so they can find what they need.

We have just started using tools like Jira and Miro, and slowly are adopting an Agile process, to create works like our COVID-19 interviews that help people understand how to help themselves with evictions, foreclosures, and the extended benefits afforded by the Families First COVID Recovery Act and the CARES Act. Our team recorded a webinar about how we are learning to produce these works with the group that created the software we use; it may be a bit dry, but you might also find it interesting.

If you know anyone in the state of Texas who might be facing one of these issues, please let them know about these resources, and we plan to keep developing more and updating these as situations change!

1 comment

Comment

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2020

What an amazing use case for the tools! Thank you for sharing your story. Please keep in mind that the Atlassian community is intended for sharing of ideas and helping each other in achieve the most value out of the Atlassian Suite, and not necessarily for promotion. If you ever have a question, or are curious about how to get more out of your tooling to further your goals, please feel free to come back to us!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events