Welcome to our shiny new Nonprofit group!

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2019

Hey there!

Wether you're curious, working for/with a nonprofit or would like to volunteer: you're at the right place!

We'd be happy to know more about your cause, feel free to present yourself, let us know your organization uses the products and what's your role! (We're also open to more personal details if you're willing to share).

The purpose of this group is to initiate great discussions but also to connect Volunteers from our Community with nonprofits in search of some help with their Atlassian stack.
Stay tuned, I even heard the rumor about Atlassians jumping in sometimes...

Again, Welcome!

9 comments

Comment

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2019

@miikhy Love that you're taking the lead here, Micky!

Like # people like this
Phil Fang July 9, 2019

Agreeable to Erica's proclamation there.....

Maciej Neumann August 22, 2019

Hello!

I am Maciej Neumann from the SolDevelo Social Impact Foundation. We were created by the IT company from Poland and the cause of our nonprofit is connected to the world of technology as well. We are working with the various open-source projects (and other NGO's) and basically helping them helping better.

There are a lot of great software initiatives around, that have a real-life impact on millions of people around the world. The motto of our favourite is "Write code. Save lives". OpenMRS is an Electronic Medical Records systems and it's help about 9 million people in the developing countries. If anyone here is a developer and wants to do some good - we can promote this initiative with great pleasure.

If e-health isn't your thing, but you want to write some code that will have an impact on a world - I can recommend you some other projects, that are also doing a really good job.

I hope I am not to spammy here, and I'm happy I can join this group!

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2019

@Maciej Neumann Not spammy at all! Welcome to the group — we're glad you're here. 🎉

Like Jeff Tillett likes this
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2019

Hello, everyone :)

I've just found the group and I thought of bookmarking it just in case I can help with any jira related doubts.

I used to be heavily involved with all sorts of non profits but over the years I find myself with less and less time. Being able to hopefully help someone in this forum seems like a great way to reconnect.

Like # people like this
Jim Schwilk September 27, 2019

Hello everyone.

I am the VP of a non profit based in Corona CA.  We are a public safety non profit that receives digging requests from anyone digging within Southern California and send that to the utilities that are in the are of excavation.  In turn the utilities will then go out and mark where their lines are located so that you won't dig into them and cause service outages, injury or death.  Glad to be apart of the group.

Like # people like this
Zuzanna Perkowska November 14, 2019

Hey, 

I would like to do a survey in nonprofits group. Can you help me with that and organize such a survey? 

After all, I would like to publish results in the group and adapt created/published content to your answers.  What do you think about it?

Like Jeff Tillett likes this
rochesternadine April 23, 2020

Hi Zuzanna, 

Just came across your community. I am doing a project for a Not for Profit based in the UK. I have some experience in Agile - and Marketing - and trying to introduce an Agile framework.

Have you completed your survey yet?

Let me know if i can help. Nadine 

Zuzanna Perkowska April 27, 2020

Hey, 

I made only one in the OpenMRS community and one locally in my district. I think that questions are universal and answer common for the whole world. Please contact me at zperkowska@soldevelofoundation.org if you have any other questions. 

best, 

Susan

Alison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

Hi Everyone,

I'm Alison and I'm on Atlassian's San Francisco Foundation Council. Together, we organize and promote events for employees to utilize their 40/hr year Foundation leave time.

A cause that I'm passionate about is encouraging education in STEAM (A is for arts because creativity is important too!). Over the past year, I've partnered with Students Rising Above and IGNITE Worldwide, to bring students from underserved backgrounds to Atlassian. In our career exploration days, students can ask a variety of Atlassians about their role, their experience getting here, and anything else they would like. We also teach students how to use Trello in an interactive demo - one of the groups had their students use Trello to organize their summer project.

Here are a few blog posts from these events:

I enjoy volunteering with different organizations to get to know and strengthen the larger community that I live in. 

Alison

Like Candice Holsinger likes this
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2020

@miikhy great initiative keep going

Amilda Alushani May 14, 2020

good thing to hear that this ideas initiatives  keep going on here on the community 

it is inspiring and i remember myself when i used to work for an European Committee non profit project in my country to help the youth a and to help the unemployed people in need

Marilo Meta May 18, 2020

Hello,

this I great for discussion and sharing experience.

I’m running a nonprofit in Balkan, called Leadership Development Association Balkan, we are already using Trello and aspiring on using Jira.

Looking forward to exchanging more ideas and experiences with you!

Jose Luis Gaitan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2021

thanks for this really marvellous initiative

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events