Necessity is the mother of invention

Zuzanna Perkowska May 27, 2020

Hey, I know that many of us have to work from home and that's not so easy. We have to face up with many problems and learn immediately a lot of things - for example how to conduct virtual meetings. 

In my latest post, I describe how to prepare and organize yourself for virtual meetings, how we can spend time with our teams and which games are the best! I think that it's worth visiting it. 

Below I publish some phrases from the article but I don't want to clutter up space so I'll be glad if you visit my nonprofit's website.

"Are you bored because you have to sit at home for 2 months? I have a solution for you. In this article, I’ll show you games which are great to play with your colleagues during work. And at the same time, you’ll practice Scrum rules. Great idea, huh? But before that, we have to say a few words about facts and myths about remote work and why virtual team building is so important.

Remote work facts and myths

1. Remote work is boring

Probably for energy people who like contact with other people, it could be boring, but for these quiet, shy people it would be heaven. So it depends on what you prefer. And even if you are outgoing person remote work doesn’t have to be boring, because you’re not sitting with your colleagues. Really. At home, you can find more time for work rather than spending it on chatting with friends. As an effect, you’ll end your work earlier and spend the rest of your day more effective. And still, you can contact with your friends for example by group calls or video conferences. " 

"Games to master working remotely

Probably you heard and even play in Scrum/Agile games while introducing it to your team or just for fun as a part of Retrospective. You know they are good and funny. They are also a great way to learn something and find new ways to do something better, quicker and more effective. There is a proverb “the wish is father to the thought” or “necessity is the mother of invention” which is a great example of how new products grow. If you liked the previous games you probably like our suggestions too. Atlassian creates 6 games for you and your team which learns you how to work remotely better. Ready?"

1 comment

Comment

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2020

These tips are great, thank you for posting! I'd love to know more about the 6 games. :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events