Jira use cases for non-profits

tom partington November 9, 2020

I have recently been made redundant and I am looking for productive use of my spare time using my Atlassian experience to develop solutions for charities.

It's excellent that Atlassian provide these products for free to charities and I won't be charging for this work.

Can anyone point me in the direction of case studies, presentations, videos etc that I could use to demonstrate what the Atlassian tools can do for charities/non-profit organisations?

I am planning to primarily use Jira Core Cloud but will also look for opportunities to use Confluence Cloud.

Thanks

4 comments

Comment

Swami Dridapada November 9, 2020

Namaskaram 

That's a great idea. Really appreciate your efforts to assist Non profits. 

I belong to a non profit organization and we use Jira Server based Service desk products for past 6 years.

I don't have any presentations/videos ready to share with you. 

But I can share with you the extent to which Jira products are being used by us to help us streamline our service processes.

I have some ideas which could become potential add ons.

Please do let me know if you are interested.

Like tom partington likes this
tom partington November 10, 2020

Thanks Swami - will let you know.

Like # people like this
Swami Dridapada November 13, 2020

Please do give your comments on Use case - discussion  

Andres de Vivanco October 10, 2021

I've also started a non profit org with the purpose of building a multi-language Knowledge Base which uses Confluence combining it with self-learning.  It's just coming out as an idea but will definitely use Jira, Confluence, and Slack to manage the project once it gets funded.

Zuzanna Perkowska November 9, 2020

It's not the presentation or video but a real example of how open-sources use it. OpenMRS use it to track their issues, to save documentation and many more. Just look at their page or ask somebody from the community. I'm sure they'll help you. 

https://issues.openmrs.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Like tom partington likes this
tom partington November 10, 2020

Thanks Zuzanna. Looks useful.

Rami Khader December 14, 2020

Hi Tom,

We are using Jira Server with Jira service management mainly for business users.

We are using it as a task management, Project management tool, asset tracking for event management. Service desk for finance and HR and recently we are using it for enterprise risk management.

Rami

Daniel M_ Ingram February 8, 2021

I am just starting up an nonprofit that will be following and cultivating relationships with donors, accepting donations, reporting back to donors, and accounting for those funds to the government for tax purposes and to those monitoring the charity to make sure it is properly using funds, as well as tracking how they were spent on various tasks. Any thoughts on best uses of Jira/Confluence and/or its integrations for these types of tasks? Thanks! -Daniel

Like Andres de Vivanco likes this
Andres de Vivanco October 10, 2021

There's a "Content Creation Strategy" macro that can help you a bit to define and scope your activities. Good luck! Thanks, Andres

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events