2. In Grooming
  3. Ready for Dev
  4. In Dev
  5. In QA
  6. PM Signoff
  7. Merged
  8. Done

Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 4.43.04 PM.png

But for some reason when I open a story, the statuses are no longer in that order. Now it's showing

1. To do
  2. In Dev
  3. In Grooming
  4. In QA
  5. Merged
  6. PM Signoff
  7. Ready for Dev
  8. Done

Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 4.47.35 PM.png

Does anyone know why this would happen? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Leal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2019

The name of the columns have nothing to do with the status, you can have a column that is tied to more than one status. You can put an arbitrary name. From the status drop down menu you will see only the valid next status according to possible transition from the workflow the issue has to obey. The order probably for this view will be alphabetical order group by the same status type (blue, green).

Josh Carolan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2019

While you are correct for 'classic' projects, this post was tagged with next-gen, and actually for next-gen projects, columns map 1-1 with status'.

You are right though that the order of the status' in the drop down aren't ordered the same way as the board, they are just alphabetical within their status categories. This may be because as you said in classic projects, the status could map to different columns in the board and therefore, there may not be a logical ordering. 

Like # people like this
Edward Chun March 1, 2019

Thanks for the responses, David + Joshua. Is there a way to prevent the statuses from being ordered alphabetically in new gen jira projects?

Josh Carolan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2019
Like # people like this
Daniel Armyr May 13, 2020

+1 from me here.

Daniel Armyr May 13, 2020

Go in and vote here for this feature: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18903

Suggest an answer