cannot add "Story" issue type to next-gen project

Jeremy Black January 6, 2020

I am the main jira admin and I cannot add the standard issue type of "Story" to my next gen project.  It is available, but keeps throwing an error that does not help at all.

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 2.24.00 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Pavel V
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2020

Hello Jeremy!

Does the error appear on all issue types, or only Story? If you click "Create issue type" does that work?

Pavel

Jeremy Black January 7, 2020

all issue types including "create issue type"

Pavel V
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2020

This may or may not be related to a bug where reserved field names show the same error: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18497

We are working on a fix. In the meantime, can you please take a look at your fields and see if any custom field has name that is used by Jira internally? Renaming should do the trick and allow you to create new issue types. (It is not necessary to delete fields. Rename is enough.)

Example: field Resolution will show error. Resolution2 will be fine.

I understand it is difficult to find out which fields are used internally; if you post your field names I can check if there is a conflict.

Please let me know if that worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events