Why can't I do a bulk move to assign to another person

Patrick Fitzgerald October 22, 2019

I have tried this on both Chrome AND Explorer - same issue. I am trying to do a bulk assignment of user stories but it hides the assignee field. If I continue it sets the story assignee to "Unassigned".

I am a site admin, so not sure why this is happening.

Jira Bug.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Patrick Fitzgerald October 22, 2019

A few other points:

I am an active jira-user
I have assignable user permission
I have browse project permission as well to view the assigned issue
I can re-assign an individual story manually
I cannot bulk re-assign a story

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2019

This can happen when you are missing the "assign issue" permission (or it's not on the edit screen) on any single issue in the list of issues you are trying to reassign.

To test that, find an issue you can re-assign and note it down, re-run the bulk edit, but deselect all but that issue.  Does it now let you change the assignee in bulk edit?

If it does, then it's almost certainly a missing ability in one or more of the issues in the list.

Patrick Fitzgerald October 24, 2019

Nic

Thanks for your reply. I have the Assign Issues permission - I can do this manually.

Not sure your suggestion flushes out the error. I get this error on every single issue. I have tried various combinations of issues.

I get the error:

• For new issues
  • For issues I have never manually re-assigned
  • For issues I have successfully manually reassigned
  • A set of Cartesian product combinations of the above

What is the “missing ability in one or more of the issues in the list”. What permissions specifically do I need to enable the change?

Thanks for your help Nic - this is a weird one. I have raised a ticket with Atlassian. I notice that I am not alone here. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Bulk-Assign-is-missing/qaq-p/1197285

Suggest an answer