View features and stories on a Next Gen Kanban board

Andy Leatherland November 5, 2019

Hi There,

I have a KanBan board were I use Epics, Features and Stories in the product area, and tasks with Sub-issues below in Dev. My problem is that I can't display Features and Stories in my Kanban, is there a solution to this problem.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2019

Hello Andy,

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I believe you have created a custom issue type called "Feature" and added the default issue type Story to your next-gen project, however, you are not being able to display the features and Stories you created in your Kanban board. Is it correct?

Please, follow the steps below to properly troubleshoot what might be causing this problem:

1 - Are the features and Stories created in the same Next-gen project?

2 - Check if the type filter is configured to display all the issue types you configured for the project. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 14.56.36.png

3 - Right in the left side of the Type filter drop-down, check if the assignee filter is not being applied

4 - Check if you are able to create feature and Story issues by clicking at + create issue in the board column. If it is not possible, please check if any errors are displaying the developer console of the browser and provide it to us. P.S: Make sure you've hidden all the sensitive information from the log.

5 - Is it happening only for some issues under Feature and Story types or is it happening for all?

Let me know if you have any questions.

Andy Leatherland November 7, 2019

Hi Petter,

To answer your questions,

1.  Yes they are in the same Next-gen project,
  2.  - This is what I get as filter types.

Jira Board.jpg

Task option only appears when I set Group by Sub Task,

Jira Board 1.jpg

If I go into backlog I can see Epics, Features,, Stories, Tasks and Sub-tasks.

Jira Board 2.jpg

When group by None all I see is Epics and tasks displayed in the KanBan.

Jira Board 3.jpg

If I selet + create I se this.

Jira Board 4.jpg

If I go to manage issue types I see this?

Jira Board 5.jpg

Happening for all

Suggest an answer