It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Vertical Space Use in the Next-Gen Board

Why is so much vertical space unnecessarily wasted in the next-gen board?

Every bit of vertical space is important so I can see more of the board at once: KPI should be maximum number of issues visible vertically in the screen.

Consider:

• Plenty of white space is available in the top
  • Components can be moved one row upwards to save some vertical space
  • Also consider whether showing issue codes helps users; the issue type icon can be displayed on the same row as the issue name, with the issue code shown on mouseover

why.PNG

2 answers

0 votes

Hello Matan,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

We appreciate your feedback.

The amount of space on next-gen boards is by design and there is not much difference from a Classic board.

Next-gen board:

Screenshot 2020-01-06_17-49-07-796.png

Classic board:

Screenshot 2020-01-06_17-51-47-020.png

If those fields that you pointed was added along with the board name, it wouldn't allow a longer name or it would be less space to show the remaining days of a sprint, for example.

I understand that you are not using a board name with many words or a sprint, but as this is a cloud site, it's not possible to edit the CSS and HTML of the page to change the location of the fields.

With that said, I'd suggest you to raise a feature request on jira.atlassian.com (project JSWCLOUD) adding more details about why removing those spaces is important for your environment.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Eoin Atlassian Team Jan 07, 2020

+1 to what @Angélica_Luz mentioned. This is something on our radar to improve - and we're currently juggling a few other things before we can get to it

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Next-gen Customer Council

Hey Next-gen fans, Would you like the opportunity to give direct feedback to the Next-gen product team? Would you like the chance to preview and test new Next-gen features? I’m excited to annou...

1,004 views 13 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you