Unable to get timelogs from next-gen project

Andrew Gonsalves July 9, 2019

Our payroll manager is unable to see timelogs for time spent on a next-gen project. That user is an administrator. Adding the user to the project does not seem to work. I am able to see the timelogs, but I created the account. I am also unable to add the project to any permission schemes. Help?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2019

Hello Andrew,

I must confess that I'm not aware of any feature that would block a user to see the time logged in a Next-gen project since it does not use the default Permission Scheme.

In fact, the Next-gen template was designed for those users who felt overwhelmed by the complexity of JIRA Classic template and requested a simpler option, straight to the point with fewer options of customization, so it does not use any kind of schemes and its permissions should be set under project settings > Details as Private, Open or Limited.

That been said, could you please provide us a screenshot of how you are seeing the issue with the time logged, and another screenshot of the same issue but displaying how the user is seeing it? Please, make sure you hide any confidential information from both screenshots.

Since the screen layout is configured per issue type, the only thing that came to my mind is that maybe the Time tracking field is not added to the issue type the user is accessing, however, it is added to the one you are accessing (It is two different issues).

To verify that, please confirm which is the issue type the user is currently using and check if the time tracking field is added under Project Settings > Issue Types > Clicking in the proper issue type.

Let us know if this information helps.

Justin Mann July 11, 2019

Do you have any use cases of how this works? I'd like to learn more about how we can use the time logged on a ticket for invoicing, thanks

Andrew Gonsalves July 11, 2019

Please see the following screenshots. The first one is from the payroll manager. The total comes out to 68.86 hours.

The second screenshot is from my account. Same date range, same target user. 75.11 hours. The missing hours from the first report are all from the same project - RM5. This is the next-gen project.

Both of us are site admins.

badreport.pngmyreport.png

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2019

Hello @Andrew Gonsalves

Thank you for your feedback! I was not aware you were using the Tempo app to log your time with JIRA.

Since it's a third-party app, I don't have the knowledge to help you further on this issue, however, I've flagged it with the proper tags to bring this question in the Tempo team queue. 

Also, feel free to open an internal support ticket with them using the link below:

Tempo Support Portal

About your question @Justin Mann, could you please raise a new question with more details on what you would like to accomplish in your JIRA Environment? I could definitely provide you with some useful use cases. :)

Let me know if you still have any questions.

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2019

Hi @Andrew Gonsalves 

As Next Gen projects do not offer the same options of Project permissions as classic projects, the permission to view the worklogs of other users in Tempo Reports needs to be given on Team level. 

You need to give users the "View team worklogs" permission for the team to view worklogs of members in this team. Please take also a look at https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/379028002/Permissions+needed+to+see+other+users+worklogs+in+Next-Gen+projects for more information.

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this
Andrew Gonsalves July 12, 2019

Thank you, Suzanne. That resolved it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events