Tempo timesheet accounts - no field available, no accounts listed

spryce January 21, 2020

I have created and linked some accounts to my next-gen projects but there is no "Account" custom field available in my issues config and no data showing in the Accounts column in the list view of the timesheets app.

I've followed the docs in the Managing Accounts section of the Tempo Help Centre and also any other resource / ticket I could find. 

The accounts are definitely linked, I have created new issues to test with, no dice.

Any ideas? Thanks.

@Hildur Nanna Eiríksdóttir [Tempo] 

2 answers

0 votes
spryce January 22, 2020

The only way I could get this working was by adding the Tempo Account worklog attribute to  the log time screen as mentioned by Hildur.

Tempo > Settings > Work Attributes > Name=Account & Type=Account > Press Add

• At this time you cannot add the account field to an issue in a next-gen project, regardless of all of the various suggestions.
  • This means you cannot associate a default account to issues in a project. 
  • Your team members must manually select the account when logging your time. Not ideal but not a deal breaker.
0 votes
Hildur Nanna Eiríksdóttir [Tempo]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 22, 2020

Hello Spryce, 

Currently it is not possible to add the account field to a jira issue in a next-gen project. 

The below is an excerpt from a Tempo Knowledge base article which explains how to edit existing Jira issues so they have this field even though it cannot be seen as a field in the issue. Unfortunately this method, to bulk edit, is not available now and I will have to point you towards Atlassian for further information on why that is not possible.

https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/383517990/Jira+next-gen+projects

The Tempo Account field (Jira custom field) cannot be set on a Jira issue within the Jira issue screen (create or edit mode). The only way to assign the Tempo Account field to a Jira issue is with the bulk edit functionality from within the Jira search list. Make sure to select your Jira issue list to a single Jira project at a time. You can edit your Jira issues to those Tempo Accounts that are linked to your Jira next-gen project only.
Another way of linking a worklog to a Tempo Account is to add the Tempo Account worklog attribute to the log time screen. That will add the Tempo Account worklog attribute to all log time screens regardless of which Jira project they belong to.

Best regards, Hildur at Tempo

spryce January 22, 2020

Hi Hildur,

Thanks for the reply. I don't really need to change accounts in the issues at this time so that will be fine.

I have seen the documentation on bulk editing but I don't care about any pre-existing issues so have not yet attempted this. This is because I only have a handful of dummy tickets that I have created for trialling Jira and Tempo as a replacement for Redmine.

Please correct me if I am mistaken. I have linked a project to an account and created all new issues. I have then logged time against the new issues. I still need to do the bulk edit so that the accounts show in the list view of the timesheet? Something seems amiss.

Thanks.

spryce January 22, 2020

After reading all this several more times and playing around with the UI I think the answer here is:

"Currently it is not possible to add the account field to a jira issue in a next-gen project. " 

So don't bother trying. Everything else is just confusing.

• Other articles claim that the account field is there but you just can't see / edit it. This appears to be false
  • Bulk editing is in fact available, but this method simply does not work.

The only way I could get this working was by adding the Tempo Account worklog attribute to the log time screen.  

Cheers.

Suggest an answer