Templates feature in Next-Gen project

Kaj van Leeuwen May 20, 2019

A few days ago I noticed a new feature in my Next Gen project, 'templates'.

The item 'templates' was visible on the left hand side menu. I tried to create some templates and this feature IS AMAZING!

Unfortunately when I opened the board today the feature is not there anymore!
I can't find it on the public roadmap either.

Will this be added in the near future? Can it be turned on again in my project instance?

Kaj

3 answers

0 votes
Kaj van Leeuwen November 8, 2019

Hi @Angélica Luz,

It's bee a while since our chat above. Is there any news about when this template feature will be available? Would be great to start using it.

Best, Kaj

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2019

Hi Kaj,

I've searched here and there are no news about the feature. The only thing I found out is that this feature might be related to an old feature request:

Please, feel free to add a comment on the feature for our dev team to check.

The last update was in 2016, so let's hope that soon they will add a new update.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Kaj van Leeuwen May 23, 2019

Hi Angélica,
Thank you for the reply and for investigating. I am looking forward to read the answer of the dev team. To my impression the feature was really valuable.

Best, Kaj 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2019

Hi Kaj,

We've checked and it looks like this feature got pushed early and then they rolled back because it's not ready yet. The feature will be implemented but we don't have an ETA yet.

Regards,
Angélica

Kaj van Leeuwen May 27, 2019

Hi Angelica,

Thank you for checking! And good to read that this feature will be available. It looked really useful and would save a lot of time for projects with a similiar setup. In case you need beta testers, I would be happy to help :-) .
Best, Kaj

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2019

Hi Kaj

Thank you for the question.
I searched on my test environment about this feature but I didn't find this option. I also searched for internal and public documentation, feature requests but also didn't find anything about Templates.
I sent a message to our dev team to know more about it and as soon as I get a response I'll let you know.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer