Roadmap: How do I create swimlanes in the roadmap?

Deleted user December 10, 2019

My use-case is that I have several sub-products / service offerings under one product. Hence I need to show the overall roadmap for the entire product as well as individual roadmaps for the sub-products/offerings. Wondering how this can be accomplished here. 

I guess its more of a feature request than a discussion.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2019

Hello @[deleted]

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Please, allow me to bring you some concepts so we can better know we are on the same page here:

The Roadmap feature of JIRA Next-gen works based in swimlanes configured by Epics. This is perfect for your use-case, where you can set all the sub-products/ Service Offering as Epics and set their respective tasks/stories below them:

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 12.00.56.png

That being said, I believe you are looking for a more granular way to do it, adding multiple next-gen projects to a single roadmap view. Is that correct? Could you please provide us more details on what exactly you are looking for?

The roadmap feature works based on the board filter which is not editable for Next-gen projects yet, although we are currently working to get it implemented:

Ability to configure board filters for next gen project 

Please, let us know if I have correctly understood your request.

Deleted user December 12, 2019

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 17.15.31.pngFor us platform, DMS, DR etc. are individual sub-products having their own roadmap while being a part of one platform. Hence I was looking at the swim lane feature to  show the complete roadmap at one shot.

dirk.verleyen January 27, 2020

Hello this feature would be useful for me also?

How can I add this sub-projects with their own roadmap to one big platform roadmap?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events