Roadmap - Can I create Milestones?

Don Patti September 24, 2019

Hi,

I'm using Next-gen. Is there a way to create a milestone on the roadmap? I tried to create a task that's a milestone (after installing the gantt-chart plugin) but that didn't seem to work.

Thanks

9 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

30 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2019

Hello dpatti,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!

The option to add milestones on next-gen roadmaps is not currently available. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch in order to hear about updates on the development cycle.

Regards,
Angélica

Don Patti September 26, 2019

Thanks!

Like # people like this
james_bailey January 18, 2020

It really needs this feature badly. Please prioritize this into the next release 

Like # people like this
Tapiwa Samkange April 24, 2020

Agreed!

Julian Gramajo May 20, 2020

Yes god please yes!

james_bailey May 21, 2020

Can I add that some of these basic features should be part of standard not premium? Happy to hear Atlassian argument for more detailed road maps and archiving and charging double the amount per user. The added value just isn't there. I appreciate the products but feel there is a real disconnect from the realities, expectations and the market place. Help us champion your products. 

Like # people like this
DSell February 15, 2021

@Angélica Luz Can you add an issue type called milestone and use that field in AR?

Auke Visman June 1, 2021

That would be really nice to have markers for milestones. At the moment there is no reflection when issues need to be finished.

DSell June 1, 2021

I used Milestone and changed the icon as shown below in a special project lately. 

2021-06-01_05h40_15.jpg

Like # people like this
Dale Wolfe July 9, 2021

+1, can't happen soon enough.  It doesn't seem like any other add-ons provide milestone diamonds based on custom date fields either.  Sad.

Use case is an issuetype called "project" that has 3 custom field dates: start, finish, and due.  plot those dates as rows per project on a gantt with due dates being diamond markers and start to finish being bars.  this helps planners visualize priorities especially when shuffling resources.  Releases don't work in this case as it's too much overhead.

Like Antonia Natova likes this
Gary Pinkham January 28, 2022

Angélica Luz.   

just curious. is there a number that flips something from gathering interest?    1100 votes. .3 years old..  doesn't seem like a basic gantt feature would make it into this gantt like thing called Roadmaps..   I guess i'm back to teamgantt or clickup 

Like # people like this
Gary Pinkham April 19, 2022

Just noticed it went from "gathering interest" to "under consideration".  praying to the project management gods that doesn't mean another 5 years of people begging for it.. 

Like # people like this
2 votes
Antonia Natova April 19, 2022

Hi Team, Is there an ETA for the milestone feature to be added to the roadmap? The burn down option for the release looks good however not every project will need to use the releases, so ideally we should be able to just display a milestone as part of our roadmaps

2 votes
Tom Stratton October 7, 2020

For now I am making epics and setting the start and end date to the same day and marking them in RED. Makes for a cluttered map but it helps

1 vote
Tim Comella November 22, 2022

Likewise the area I support would benefit greatly if Milestones were made available.  Particularly if then passed to a gadget in Dashboard where they could be collated and viewed across projects.

1 vote
Jordon Cissna February 12, 2021

Has this feature been added? 

0 votes
Alex Graham August 15, 2022

Any word on when this feature will be added?

0 votes
Deleted user February 17, 2022

Atlassian is really dragging their feet on this. It's such an obvious thing.

0 votes
Chris King December 16, 2021

I too would like to use milestones. It seems like such a basic thing.

0 votes
Danut M [StonikByte]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2021

Hi @Don Patti

Try the Release Burnup Burndown Chart offered by our Great Gadgets app. It allows you to display  milestones for the release in the burndown/burnup chart. A past milestone will be displayed in red color, if the Remaining work at that time was higher than Ideal Burndown, or in green color if it was lower, thus indicating if the milestone was reached or not.

ReleaseBurndownWithForecastAndmilestones.png

For any questions or suggestions, contact support@stonikbyte.com.

Danut

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events