Report to get current sprint status

antonio January 8, 2020

For a concrete sprint, I need to get, for every task:

• Initial estimation
  • Total ammount of worked hours
  • Remaining time

I've been having a look to issues exportation, and I can get this information in a .csv file, but not in an appropriate format.

1 answer

0 votes
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

Hi Antonio,

You can write a JQL to pull the tickets from the Sprint and add columns: Original Estimate, Time Spent, Remaining Estimate and any other fields you want to export. Then export the results in CSV.

The Original Estimate, Time Spent & Remaining Estimate values in the CSV file are shown in the seconds as a number. You can convert them into hours and minutes using a simple formula by opening the CSV file in MS Excel etc.

antonio January 9, 2020

Hi Veera,

I already did what you propose, I built a query to get the issues are needed, downloaded them in .csv format and finally I created a Excel file that reads this .csv to display the information I need.

My post was intended to get a way to get and display it in a report in the web browser (something like current sprint status by issue).  As far as I understand it is not possible nowadays.

Thanks for your quick answer.

Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

Got it, Antonio.

There is no out of the box report in Jira for your requirement.

We can use Filter Results Gadget on a dashboard and add Σ Original Estimate, Σ Remaining Estimate & Σ Time Spent Columns to display. It'll show you the output as below.

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 1.15.16 pm.png

Suggest an answer