Next gen - cannot complete sprint

Ismail Alami January 12, 2020

Type of project: next gen software project / scrum

I finished a sprint, put all my issues in the DONE column (last column on the right). When I click on "complete sprint" I get that none of my issues are completed.

From the literature, it looks like you cannot resolve issues in next gen. But then how are we meant to complete at sprint when none of its issues can be resolved or at least completed ?

I also tried to add a workflow to it, so I can post a "resolve" when done, but next gen doesn't allow workflows. The workflow tab doesn't even appear in settings.

My goal: get a sprint completed. Please help

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2020

Hi @Ismail Alami

In next-gen projects, the DONE column (ie: the very last column on the right) is also the resolution column. Any issues moved to this column are automatically set as "Resolved" (also, issues that leave this column lose their resolved status).

Could you please provide more info on what you mean when you say "When I click on "complete sprint" I get that none of my issues are completed"? Are you getting any error messages? Do the issues appear in your backlog?

Ismail Alami January 13, 2020

Thanks. So basically the DONE column was the previous last column - there was a STUCK column right after it and I couldn't complete the sprint. Then I moved the DONE column back to the last one and still couldn't complete the sprint. So I moved all the cards back to TO DO and back again to DONE and then I could complete the sprint. Simple things can be quite tricky sometimes.

Thanks for your feedback.

Like # people like this
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Excellent! Glad I could help.

0 votes
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
January 12, 2020

Hello again @Ismail Alami

Can you share some more details with us:

• a screenshot of your board
  • the state of the issues before and after completing the sprint
  • the literature that might indicate 'you cannot resolve issues in next-gen' (this, I can ensure, is not the case)

Suggest an answer