Next-gen also for business projects or only for software projects?

DAZ2SN June 18, 2019

Will Jira Next-gen also be available for business projects or is this only intended for software projects?

Regards
Sascha

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2019

Hi @DAZ2SN ,

I have forwarded your question to the Next-Gen team. However, since they are in a different time-zone, I can take couple of days before I will get an answer. Please bear with me.

Cheers,
Dario

Matias Arranz Garcia March 19, 2020

6 months later... 😂. Any news?

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2020

Hi @Matias Arranz Garcia ,

Apologies for late reply, I couldn't find this thread anymore.

At the time, I had asked the next-gen team about their plans for the future and, even if they were discussing the matter, there was nothing concrete about next-gen business projects (nothing related on the official road-map for the close future).

This is also because the whole idea of next-gen projects is to have simplified, easy to setup (and not so customizable) kind of projects available for non-advanced users that want to start quickly, without having to configure too many things.

This is therefore mostly needed for Jira Software and Service Desk projects that are the ones that, in their classic version, might require a lot of time to setup. While, usually, business projects are already simple enough by default. See below page for details:

Once this has been said, I have opened a feature request for this on your behalf:

You may want to vote and watch the above feature request so that you will get notified in case of any update. The  feature will be addressed according to the Implementation of New Features Policy

Cheers,
Dario

Dario B
Atlassian Team
March 20, 2020

Also, @DAZ2SN @Matias Arranz Garcia ,

You may want to get in touch with the Next-Gen PM and share your feedback with him. See below article for the details:

Have a nice weekend.

blim
Atlassian Team
March 20, 2020

Hey y’all. I’m curious to understand — what’s stopping your business teams from creating a Next-gen software project? 

@DAZ2SN @Matias Arranz Garcia 

Like Dario B likes this
Matias Arranz Garcia March 23, 2020

The next-gen projects are great. Huge improvement. But what it's missing is a way to create an structured workflow the way is has been implemented in the next-gen service desk. It makes sense to stay away from workflows in software projects but it's necessary in a business project when you don't want issues transitioning freely to any state. 

One alternative could be using a Service Desk next-gen project without customers but one drawback I can think of is pricing.

Let me know if I'm missing something.

Like Dario B likes this
fionamabe December 10, 2020

For ordinary individuals, this is not so important, but for corporate individuals, this is a pretty cool way. There are so many advantages of using a virtual mailing address that I can't even list them all, but the most important thing is that a virtual mailing address is more reliable than mailing addresses, gmail and others, and you can be sure that your data will not be transferred to third parties. To achieve this privacy, it is very important to work only with reliable services like https://ipostal1.com/virtual-address.php. This is a very cool service with low prices and a great reputation. What else is needed for happiness :)
In any case, the choice is yours, and thanks for listening to my opinion.

Dario B
Atlassian Team
December 11, 2020

@fionamabe ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

I know it can be disappointing but please notice that the feature request (below) for this has only got 11 votes so far:

For more details on how new features are implemented please refer to: Implementation of New Features Policy

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer