It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Next-gen - Custom Fields - User Picker

I want to add a custom field that is a user picker. I like to have a Tester(s) field to tag required testers for issues but the option isn't there and tagging doesn't seem to work in a custom text field. Solution?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello,

Next-gen projects do not have a user picker.

But why? Workaround?

Next-gen projects was introduced to Jira not so long ago. That is why it does not have rich functionality yet. You could use classic projects, if you need a user picker field.

0 votes

Hi @Shavonn Brown

We have released the user-picker field type, you can now find the People field in Next-gens. Right now is it only multi user, but in a few days we will release more functionality where you can constrain it to a single user.

Regards,
Nate

Does this mutli user picker in next gen  behave like an assignee where it sends out notifications to ticket activity if there are comments

Hi @Jeffrey Bistrong

Currently no, sorry if that is functionality you want. You can open a feature request ticket here.

Regards,

Nate

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

344 views 3 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you