Next Gen team capacity

GIna Romero August 7, 2020

Can some one tell me how to access team capacity for planning a sprint in Next Gen? Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2020

Hi @GIna Romero 

When you say Team Capacity, do you mean the team's velocity?

If yes, on your board's side-menu, there is a Reports option - in here, you can find the Velocity Report. This will begin to populate as you start closing sprints.

The report will use issue count by default - or use story points if you have activated Estimation for the project and populated the estimates prior to the sprint.

To activate Estimation:

1. Go to Project Settings > Features
  2. Toggle Estimation to "ON"

If this is not what you were looking for, let us know what Team Capacity means to you so we can assist you further :)

Ste

Thanks for the quick response! However, I do mean team capacity...example during sprint planning I need to know the time capacity in hours of the dev each team member, the holiday time off I have to factor for the team, etc. so that I can calculate the total team capacity for a sprint. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2020

Hi @GIna Romero 

Natively, this isn't available for Next-Gen or Classic Projects.

You would need to consider an app for this - such as Team Capacity Planning - or upgrading to Jira Cloud Premium - which has Advanced Roadmaps built in - with Teams are available. See more about how these work on this page.

I would trial these though with Next-Gen - some of their functionality might differ between Next-Gen and Classic Boards.

Ste

Like GIna Romero likes this

Oh, FYI I'm also using the free version of Next Gen

Ste, a big thanks your this information! I will check both out! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events