Needs clarity on few options

Rucha Auti October 19, 2018

Hello,

I am Rucha from FinBox

I tried this new JIRA gen faced some issues as follows:-

1. Created one project (test project) with Kanban template, not able to delete that project

2. Created one project with scrum template, board for the same was not autogenerated.

3. where can I see the template of the project? 

4. can we change the template of the existing project

For existing JIRA platform (old old version)

1. Though I am an admin user not able to delete any task or subtask from the existing project.

2. Not able to add status

Please help with this.

Regards,

Rucha

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2018

Hi Rucha,

I've added my responses and some questions below your questions.

1. Created one project (test project) with Kanban template, not able to delete that project

- Are you facing some issue when trying to delete the project?

Screenshot 2018-11-01_10-32-54.png

2. Created one project with scrum template, board for the same was not autogenerated.

- Can you please give us more details about this issue? Was the project not created? Was there any error after you clicked on "Create"?

3. where can I see the template of the project?

- After you create a project, it's not possible to see what template you have chosen. The best option, in this case, is to compare workflows or use a project name or key that you can easily identify the project template.

4. can we change the template of the existing project

- Currently, it's not possible to change the template, only the project type.
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-37513

For existing JIRA platform (old old version)

1. Though I am an admin user not able to delete any task or subtask from the existing project.

- You must go to the Project Settings > Permissions > Actions > Edit Permissions. Then change the permissions for "Delete issues". You can add yourself or you can add a group/role that you are part of.

2. Not able to add status

- Are you facing any error when trying to add a status? Can you share with us the steps that you are following to add the status?

Regards,
Angélica

Rucha Auti December 19, 2018

This is really helpful.

Thanks alot Angelica!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Rucha Auti December 19, 2018

I attended a Altassian workshop, this help with to solve ( 2. Not able to add status)

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer