Kanban, Clear done on release

Tim Holum September 16, 2020

Is there any way to clear released issue's from the done column?

My Desired workflow

On Competion of a ticket, move it to the Done column,

Once the release it is tied to is "Released" remove from done column

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2020

I always have a column or tag, DONE (tbc) and DONE (confirmed).

So I can check if it really is done.  You can also use the archive funtion for when you know for sure, so the board is not littered with old stuff, but say leave done up there for a week so anyone can read recent, without having to search.

Also, can have a tag ARCHIVE ON 21/09/20 etc, then just clear the tags as you archive, so you can amend date and reuse tag for next week so you dont have lots of archive tags ... although would show you which week they were archived if you needed to go back, so possibly worth leaving.

Choice is yours.

0 votes
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2020

Hi, Tim - welcome to the Community!

(Apologies, I didn't see that you were using next-gen projects until after I had posted the answer below. That answer applies only to classic projects. Unfortunately I don't think this is possible in next-gen, since there's no concept of board settings or the ability to create a workflow status that isn't visible as a board column.)

This is a pretty simple change to make, assuming that

• You are the board admin
  • You're using the fix version field on your tickets (that's what ties a ticket to a Jira release)

Click the three dots menu at the top right of your Kanban board and choose Board Settings. 

On the General section, scroll to the bottom, and look at the Kanban Board Subfilter section. Adding what's shown in the screenshot should make sure that only tickets that have not been released display on the board. That will have the effect you're looking for; as long as the version hasn't been released, your tickets will stay in the Done column. Once the version is released, they will fall off the board.

Edited to add: if you anticipate it being more than two weeks from the time a ticket is marked done and the time it releases, you should also change the value in the "Hide completed issues older than" dropdown at the very bottom.

2020-09-16 15_26_20-Test Kanban Board - Agile Board - Jira - Vivaldi.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events