Jira Structure Gantt Chart

sai April 30, 2020

Hello,

I have created a Jira Structure Gantt chart and the data is created using a Jquery. The challenge is that when i do the changes in one of my stories these changes doesn't reflect in my Gantt Chart graph, but it does reflect in the details part on right side. I am not sure why it is not getting reflecting or sync from jira to chart. Any help will be highly appricicated.

1 answer

0 votes
Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2020

Hello,

When tasks are scheduled automatically - i.e. the scheduling dates are calculated by Structure.Gantt and these dates are not taken directly from Jira fields - then they only exist as attributes on the Gantt chart. That's why they are displayed on the chart and in the task's details window but not in Jira.

If you want the scheduling changes to be reflected in Jira, the scheduling can be done manually - in this case, Start & Finish Dates are defined by Jira fields and the data is synchronized between the fields and the Gantt chart. Manual scheduling can be defined in the Gantt chart's configuration - you need to open it, edit it and then select fields for scheduling dates in the Scheduling tab. You can find more about it in our documentation:
https://wiki.almworks.com/display/gantt/Manual+Scheduling+by+Start+or+Finish+Date

And if the scheduling is done automatically, you can show the calculated attributes in corresponding Structure columns - Gantt Start/Finish Dates, - and you can also write these attributes to Jira fields using Effectors.
https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Attribute+to+Issue+Field+Effector

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us at support.almworks.com and we'll take a look at your use-case and provide you with more detailed instructions depending on what you're trying to achieve.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov
ALM Works

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events