JIRa Roadmap

Ghosha January 4, 2021

Hi,

We have already created Epics and Stories for the next few months.

How can we add those to the Roadmap? I saw a demo by JIRA and it shows to create new Epic/Story in Roadmap. 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

Hi @Ghosha,

If you are referring to the basic roadmap, your Epics and stories should appear automagically on your project's roadmap if you have it enabled. To read more about that, check out this support article.

If you are referring to the advanced roadmap, this is only available on Jira Cloud Premium and not for next-gen projects. It only works for classic projects and requires you to create a plan in which you define one or more issue sources. For more information, check out advanced roadmaps documentation

Ghosha January 5, 2021

Thank you for your answer. I can see all Epics and stories. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2021

Hi @Ghosha ,

If you have already created the epics and stories of that epics from the backlog, then all the epics will already be shown in the roadmap automatically. Go to the roadmap and check.

I hope it will help you.

Ghosha January 5, 2021

Thank you for your answer. I can see all Epics and stories. 

The progress bar (duration) is not visible for some of the Epics...!! Can you please help to set it for all?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2021

If the progress bar isn't showing, that is because the start and due dates for those epics are probably not filled out.

Have a look at some of the epics that do have a duration on your roadmap so you know which dates fields you need to fill out on the other ones.

Like sebastian_paszkiewicz likes this
Ghosha January 5, 2021

Aha..! I can see the progress bar now.

Thank you @Walter Buggenhout 

Suggest an answer