It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issue in next-gen project appears in backlog but not in board

Hi. I'm using a next-gen Software project. I created an issue, and this new issue appears in my Backlog.

However, in order to get it to appear in my Board, I need to drag and drop the issue from Backlog view to Board view on the Backlog page.

Is there a way to automatically have the issue appear in my Board once the issue status matches a Board status column?

For example, if my board has a column for issues in "In Progress," and I flip the issue to "In Progress," my expectation would be that the issue automatically appears in my board column for "In Progress" issues, even if I don't drag and drop it out of my Backlog.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Dillon,

I'm not aware of a way to automate this. And it feels as if that's not the way it's meant to be. So if you have items in your backlog. You identify on which items you want to work on. So you put them on the board from the backlog. And you start working on them. I think you have to adapt to this way of thinking/working in the next-gen project. Unless someone else has an idea. :) 

Best, Max

Thanks Max. What you say makes total sense in terms of workflow. We're just finding that some users click on and flip issues to an "In Progress" status while in the Backlog page, without dragging/dropping into the Board. So we end up with tickets that don't appear on our boards, but are nevertheless In Progress. (My thinking is, in theory, if an issue is "In Progress," then work has begun on it, it should appear in the board. Or at least, perhaps there'd be a config that'd enable this behavior.)

Thanks again for the reply!

it would have been great but it seems we can't drag tickets from backlog to board

see this post : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/I-can-t-drag-and-drop-backlog-issues-to-a-sprint-hence-can-t/qaq-p/1325689

any idea?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

440 views 4 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you