Is there currently a way to show transition screens in next gen projects?

Ninavdb June 20, 2019

Hi, 

In Jira classic projects my team used the workflow transition screens to prompt team mates to confirm or complete actions. 

For example, we had a transition screen that brought up a free text custom field called "Public Release notes". The user had to complete the field as it was mandatory to transition the story. 

Our technical writers then used a search filter to find all the public release notes text populated in the custom fields, to review and prepare our release notes. 

We're piloting next-gen at the moment, and I can't see anywhere to replicate this behaviour. I see in rules that you can force an automatic update of a field upon a transition. However, currently, it appears there is no way to bring up a transition screen and/or force users to take a non automated action as part of the transition workflow. Is this correct? 

Are there thoughts around bringing something in to address this kind of need? 

2 answers

0 votes
Quentin Schneider April 11, 2023

Still waiting in 2023..

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2019

Hello Nina,

Unfortunately, JIRA Next-gen does not support any kind of workflow customizations, as transition functionalities (Post functions, Validators, Condition or Screens).

In fact, the Next-gen project template was created with the intent to provide a simpler and limited option for those customers who felt overwhelmed by the complexity of Classic projects features.

That been said, other customers have also requested for this feature in next-gen too, so we created the following feature request to let our developers know this necessity and consider it in future releases:

Ability to edit workflow in Next-gen project

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive any updates.

Let me know if you still have any other questions.

Suggest an answer