Is it possible to make bulk action on next-gen tasks?

Björn Karlström November 22, 2019

I did move most backlog tickets from a classic project to a new next gen project which led to all tickets losing their epics. 

By moving them back I get the epic back, but I can't seem do that for tickets in a next-gen project. Does anyone have an idea how this could be done? 

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2019

Hi @Björn Karlström ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community, and welcome!

When it comes to the next-gen projects the Epic link is reworked in the new project type, and moving between project types the link is going to be lost and require a manual rewrite.  

The comment from Eoin Ryan added - 21/Nov/2018 10:45 PM on the following BUG report that was closed out as expected behavior gives a really good breakdown of the behavior:

As noted in his comment we also have the process detailed in the documentation "Migrate between next-gen and classic projects" with the full walkthrough but speciffically noteing the section "Things to keep in mind if you migrate from classic to next-gen":

Epic links: Links between epics and other issues (Story, Bugs, Tasks, etc...) in your classic project won't exist in your next-gen project. The issues themselves will still exist, but the links between them won't.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer