Is it possible to find issues by using jql with 'worklogDate' in next-gen project?

Piotr Bogacz December 4, 2019

I created next-gen project, added some issues and logged hours to them

I tried to find the issues by using this jql:

worklogDate >= "2019-11-01" AND worklogDate < "2019-12-05"

but it did not return my issues with logged hours (list of results was empty)

Does it mean that worklogDate is not supported in next-gen projects?

I found this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-73492

If you are encountering problems searching for issues in JQL using the worklogDate, you can add the time tracking field to the issue type and the issues will then appear in JQL.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2019

Hello @Piotr Bogacz

Thank you for reaching out.

Just to clarify, has the workaround provided in the bug worked for you? 

If you are still facing this problem, please let us know so we can further investigate it.

Navarambh Software - Gmail
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2020

Hi,

Adding time tracking field to issue type, does work, but this means that Time tracking field needs to be each issue type for each next gen project. 

Is this how this going to be always going forward, or is this a bug which is currently being worked on? This used to work earlier without the workaround.

Is there any other way to query the worklogs which does not require this workaround?

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Hello @Navarambh Software - Gmail

Thank you for your question.

Actually, the expected behavior is that you should not be able to log work on Next-gen projects if don't have the time tracking field added to it.

The logic behind that concept is that the ability to log work in issues only makes sense when you have an estimation to measure against it since it is an accurate metric, different from Story points.

That being said, the bug informed before was created to make the time tracking field required to customers that want to log work in the issues.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Rafael Sibaja Madrigal April 19, 2021

We have the same issue, I think the field worklogDate is not been filled in the rigth way when the issues were moved to a new project.

Please you help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events