In a Next-Gen project, can I make "Done" issues disappear from the Backlog?

Sharmishtha Balwan January 26, 2021

The "Done" status issues still stay in the backlog in a next-gen project, unlike in Classic projects. What do I do to make them disappear?

They are cluttering my backlog view.

Like in Classic projects, I am okay if they are visible in the Issues Navigator tab via filters. But Done issues should not be seen in the Backlog in any type of project, IMO. They currently do disappear in classic projects.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

Hi @Sharmishtha Balwan welcome to the Atlassian Community and we are happy to assist you with the query.

Please be informed that, on next gen boards on Jira Software Cloud, issues which are moved to status 'DONE' are no longer visible on the Kanban board after 14 days. 

Here is the official Atlassian article for the detailed steps and for your future reference: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Introducing-manual-board-clearing-for-your-next-gen-Kanban-board/ba-p/1411958#M1379

Alternatively, if you have the Sprints feature enabled, you won’t be able to manually clear issues from your board and here is the detailed article and steps:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/enable-sprints/

And here is the supporting Jira ticket with the resolution: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17582

If my post answered your query, kindly upvote and "accept answer" for the benefit of new members.

Thank you!

It seems that the Done stories disappeared from the Backlog & Board views after an hour or so. How could this be?

I mean, I am happy the did disappear, just curious about what the actual disappearing rule is.

Like G subramanyam likes this
1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

You are now able to manually remove Done issue from NG Kanban. you will see this option if you have issues in the Done column via the ellipses at top of Done column. Here is an article regarding this - Introducing-manual-board-clearing-for-your-next-gen-Kanban-board . You also have the ability to click a link at the bottom of done column to take you to a list of all done issues that have been hidden from the board.

1 vote
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2021

Hello @Sharmishtha Balwan ,

If you are working on Next Gen Scrum. 

when all issues are in DONE status, Then you can complete the sprint.

Once the sprint completed all the issues are removed from the backlog as same as Classic Scrum Project.

from the date of issues moved to "DONE" After 14 days these issues will removed from Next Gen Kanban Board.

Thanks.

Thank you!

I don't use Sprints feature in the next-gen project right now. But, it seems that the Done stories disappeared from the Backlog & Board views after an hour or so. How could this be?

I mean, I am happy the did disappear, just curious about what the actual disappearing rule is.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2021

The rule for disappearing the cards is by 14 days like in this thread correctly was said.
Probably the issues that now were cleared from the board were put into "Done" column 14 days before - so in other words today was the "deadline" for them?
Otherwise you could take a look at their history what exactly was changed.

Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2021

Also if the issues are in the Backlog container on the Backlog view (i.e. not the Board container) they will disappear immediately if there are marked as Done.

alexander_tzonkov September 16, 2021

@Sharmishtha Balwan Did you have this resolved for you. I experience the same issue (I think). I have let's say 10 tickets closed in the last 5 days, while my Done column is showing only some of them and also one of the shown tickets is really an old one.
I was searching quite a lot to find how the logic works but was not able to identify it. In the normal Jira we can easily regulate when the tickets to be hidden from the view (which is working based on the last updated date, which may be different from the moment when the ticket is closed).
Here, I have a bunch of tickets created/closed in the last 2 weeks - some are showing others - not. Any idea?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events