It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

In JIRA Next-Gen project, how can I add a bug as a sub-task to a story

I am using the Next-Gen Scrum project, I wanted to add a sub-task under a story but change its issue type from Sub-Task to a bug.

We have this requirement as we wanted to track the bugs about a story as subtasks of that story, also with this, we should be able to assign those bugs to individual developers.

If I try and add a new issue type it is not showing under the types for a sub-task.

2 answers

these can be achieved but not recommended

Create sub-task issue type shown in attached image

104.JPGso whenever you create these issue type under that story it will be linked as sub-task for the same. you can name it as a bug

Thomas Schlegel Community Leader Jul 23, 2019

Agree with @shetty ,

I would never ever use the same name for a Standard Issue Type and a Sub-Task Issue Type. You will totally confuse your users with a configuration like that.

I would name it something else like Issue or Story-Bug, the need here is to have sub-tasks under a story and mark them as bugs. 

@shetty the approach you suggested is not possible in Next-Gen project I suppose, while adding an issue type it is not asking whether to add as Standard Issue Type or Sub-Task Issue Type.

0 votes
Eoin Atlassian Team Jul 23, 2019

@Rohan_Peshkar you can have one subtask issue type in a next-gen project and tou can rename that issue type to be what you want... https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/set-up-issue-types-in-next-gen-projects-949233753.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

484 views 4 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you