If I have a Next-Gen project, can I share issues with Classic Jira projects?

M Gonzo January 6, 2020

If we have a software development team that uses classic Jira and a data science team using Next-Gen, can we share issues (Tasks/Sub-tasks) between the two?

2 answers

0 votes
kathy.hargis April 6, 2021

I have a similar question... I'm in Marketing and I use Next Gen and my Engineering team uses Classic. For product launches, Engineering would like to be able to see the details of my plan. I have shared the link to my Next Gen Epic but they say they can't see any details when they view it in Classic. 

Is there a way for them to expand the details of my Next Gen Epic when linked and viewed in their Classic project?

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

@kathy.hargisDoes everyone on your engineering team have permissions to browse/edit the marketing project? If not, this could be the reason they can't see anything.

kathy.hargis April 7, 2021

@Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ I actually made the 2 engineering team peeps that are trying to view my schedule members of my Marketing project/team. I'm not sure why not giving the rest of the engineering team members permissions would prevent the 2 that I have already enabled from viewing my schedule. Can you elaborate please?

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

@kathy.hargisI'm not sure I understand what you're referencing since 'plans' and 'schedules' are not native features of Jira cloud.

Could you provide a screen capture of your plan and your schedule? Are you using any apps?

Maybe a screen capture of what your engineering team sees would help clarify your problem as well.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2020

Hello there,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I’m not sure if I understood correctly your question, so I would like to know what do you mean by share issues between projects.

If it’s related to show tickets from a Classic project on a next-gen board, this won’t be possible because on next-gen we can’t edit the filter of the tickets that are shown on the board.

If you mean by link issues, on a next-gen ticket you can link any ticket from classic and next-gen.

Please, let us know more details about your use case and we will test here to confirm if it’s possible.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer