I can't get the Time Tracking progress bar to show up on my Jira Next-Gen project. Please help!

Margo Smith November 5, 2019

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I'm having trouble getting the Time Tracking progress bar to show up on my Jira Next-Gen project.

I can see the Time Tracking option when I'm creating an issue type. I then add it into the Context Fields section. When I go to the project and create a new issue, I don't see Time Tracking anywhere (even though I added it in project settings) I have even added time to the Story Point Estimate, Start Date, Due Date. When I go to Log Time, even though I have the Story Point Estimate filled out, the remaining estimate is still 0h, but shouldn't it have the Story Point Estimate time I previously filled out? Even after I log time to the issue, no Time Tracking progress bar :(

I've attached a screen shot of what was shown in one of the webinars a few weeks back. That progress bar is perfect! Please help!jira_5.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Janel
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2019

Hi @Margo Smith welcome to Community!

To help, I wanted to check a couple of things with you:

1. Can you check that you've added Time Tracking to all of the relevant issue types? It's done per issue type, rather than across the entire project.

2. In Project Settings > Features, have you turned on the toggle for Estimation? This will enable you to add the time remaining field for Time Tracking.

3. The story points aren't time-based, so it won't deduct from the remaining time that you've estimated.

Margo Smith November 6, 2019

Hi Janel!

Thanks so much. Appreciate the reply.

Yes, we have added Time Tracking to the issue type, as well as enabled Estimation.

Wondering, could it be because we are using Tempo Timesheets instead of Jira provided time-tracking? I haven't switched it over yet to try, as I don't want to lose all the data.

Thanks and speak soon!

Margo

Janel
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2019

Hi Margo,

You're welcome.

Thanks for mentioning that you're using Tempo Timesheets. This would be the reason that it's not visible, sorry about that.

Have a great day,
Janel

Margo Smith November 7, 2019

Appreciate the response! We are looking to make the switch so we can use this feature. Will all of our Tempo data be lost if I switch the toggle in settings to Jira based time tracking?

And to confirm, this progress bar is available on Next-Gen correct? I realized that on the webinar I saw, the progress bar was shown during the Jira Classic portion.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events