It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I am struggling to find the "risk" issue type when using the next gen project

can someone help me to configure the "risk" issue type with next gen software projects

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Kim,

Is the risk form something custom created by your admins, or is it from a product you bought on the marketplace?

kind regards,

Craig
Risk Register by ProjectBalm

I am the admin, i am using the risk register cloud purchased through Atlassian

Like Kevin Bui likes this

Hi Kim,

Which risk app? Is it Risk Register by ProjectBalm? If so, please submit a support request using the below link and we will get someone to look at it as soon as possible.

https://projectbalm.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

Like # people like this

@Kim Cockbill ,

If you are an admin in the project, you can create your own issue type in the project.

You may refer the below document for better understanding.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/set-up-issue-types-in-next-gen-projects-949233753.html

I am the admin, but when i create a new project in the next-gen format, the "risk" issue type is not available in the options list

0 votes
Kevin Bui Atlassian Team Jan 13, 2020

Hi @Kim Cockbill ,

In next-gen Jira Software, the default issue types are Story, Task, Bug and Epic. To configure a Risk issue type, you'll need to add a new issue type:

1. Navigate to your next-gen project.
  2. Select Project settings.
  3. Select Issue types.
  4. Select Add issue type.

Hope that helps!

repeatedly tried this but the risk option is not showing. I see it in the classic version and some pre-existing next gen projects but not new ones that i create today.

Eoin Atlassian Team Jan 16, 2020

@kim you can't share any configuration (yet) with next-gen projects - so if you already have a risk issue type configured from before then this cannot be used in next-gen. You need to create a new issue type in each next-gen project and rename it to "Risk" (or whatever you want).

Creating issue types in next-gen takes a fraction of the time compared with classic.

Let us know if this isn't the case and you are still having an issue.

Like Kim Cockbill likes this

This is consistent with the help provided by @Craig Schwarze which while not being as simple as would be desired, at least offers a path forward.

thanks for the follow up 

The Risk Register add-on lets you specify the risk issue type on a per-project basis. Look for the 'Risk Register' tab in your project settings.

David Pinn
ProjectBalm (vendor of Risk Register)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Next-gen Customer Council

Hey Next-gen fans, Would you like the opportunity to give direct feedback to the Next-gen product team? Would you like the chance to preview and test new Next-gen features? I’m excited to annou...

1,099 views 14 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you