How to treat "Done" and "Cancelled" columns as "DONE" to be archived in Next-Gen?

Chase Kramer January 28, 2019

We have two columns at the end (right side) of our board.  One is named "Done" and then the final one is named "Cancelled".

Only tasks placed in the "Cancelled" column are getting the green "DONE" checkmark indicating they'll be archived after 14 days,

How can I make sure all the items in the "Done" column get this checkmark as well?

Many answers I've found on here regarding resolved statuses are based on the classic interface and don't appear to be possible in Next-Gen.

3 answers

0 votes

This is crazy.  How could they have possibly built a system that only allows one type of finished status?

Admittedly a novice, I just signed up for Jira a couple weeks ago and was funneled into Nex-Gen by their onboarding survey.  Now everything I want to do I end up reading you can't do in Next-Gen.

Horrible first-use experience.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2019

You can always move to classic boards.

Like Chase Kramer likes this

Can the whole project be migrated automatically?  Or would I have to set up fresh and export/import all the issues?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2019

You can use bulk edit to "move" masses of issues between projects.  Better than export/import, but not quite as friendly as "change project type" (which has not been implemented)

Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2019

@Chase Kramer sorry you didn't get what you expected - we are always looking to improve this. Classic is the better option if this is a blocker for you - but I did want to comment to let you know that this will be something that we build in the future. We are progressively building out next-gen projects and more power will be made available over time. Thanks for the feedback

Karan Talati September 16, 2019

Any progress on this, or link to the issue tracking this obvious need?

Chase Kramer October 21, 2019

@Eoin any update on this?  Alternatively, is there anyway to manually update the resolution of tickets to Resolved?

Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2020

@Chase Kramer this is in progress at the moment. You can keep up to date on our public roadmap... https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen#intheworks

Chris Cherry May 28, 2020

@Eoin has this been shipped, I can't see it on page linked above? 

Unless it is going to be covered in this: Reimagining the workflow editor 

Thanks. 

Like Julia Anderson likes this
Julia Anderson August 20, 2020

Is there an issue I can track for this? I hate closing tickets we won't do as 'Done' and having to comment that they are actually canceled. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2019

I'm afraid in Next-gen, only the right hand column is counted as "done". 

With Classic boards, you would put "Cancelled" and "Done" status in the last column, but Next-gen doesn't allow configuration like that.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2019

Hello,

Only issues in the most right column can be archived after 14 days. It is not possible to have two most right columns.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events