How to disable Jira purple learn more banner

Katie McCarthy May 11, 2020

The purple banner that shows up at the top of my screen in Jira's next-gen project is very visually distracting and annoying to me. I can't figure out a way to disable it, even after I've clicked "dismiss" or "learn more". 

How do I make it go away forever?!

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 2.17.19 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ravya Mutyala {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2020

Hey @Katie McCarthy ,

Once we click the Dismiss option available there on the banner., it should disappear. For me, it worked. I hope it works for you too.

--Ravya

Katie McCarthy June 1, 2020

I would click "dismiss" also, and the message would successfully disappear. But then if I reloaded the page or closed and re-opened later, the message is there again. So...dismiss works but I want Jira to remember my actions and not continue presenting me with this banner after I've already clicked dismiss.

Ravya Mutyala {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2020

Hmm., then once try clicking Learn more option and go through all the new features which it takes you through, once you are done it might stop showing up that message. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events