Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to disable Jira purple learn more banner

The purple banner that shows up at the top of my screen in Jira's next-gen project is very visually distracting and annoying to me. I can't figure out a way to disable it, even after I've clicked "dismiss" or "learn more". 

How do I make it go away forever?!

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 2.17.19 PM.png

1 answer

Hey @Katie McCarthy ,

Once we click the Dismiss option available there on the banner., it should disappear. For me, it worked. I hope it works for you too.

--Ravya

I would click "dismiss" also, and the message would successfully disappear. But then if I reloaded the page or closed and re-opened later, the message is there again. So...dismiss works but I want Jira to remember my actions and not continue presenting me with this banner after I've already clicked dismiss.

Hmm., then once try clicking Learn more option and go through all the new features which it takes you through, once you are done it might stop showing up that message. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

4,084 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you