How to clear old items out of the "Done" column

Viewing page 2 of 2

28 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Robert Morel August 30, 2019

As Casi said, Issues in the Done column will have a green tick and will be archived after 14 days. Not ideal but at least it stops the board getting too big.

Ellen Burns August 30, 2019

I think the core of the frustration around this is that it takes teams varying lengths of time to make a board "too big." In 14 days, our Next-Gen board definitely gets too big for us. For a different team that works on a different product, 14 days might be optimal. A lot of teams on sprints are on two-week sprints, so maybe that's why Atlassian decided to go with that 14-day clear window. But a lot of people aren't on two-week sprints.

Based on the lack of response, I'm getting the feeling that Atlassian designed next-gen for a specific type team and a specific type of product. Too bad that my team and our product doesn't fit in that box. I like the other features in Next-Gen a lot, but I'll probably switch us back to Classic.

Like # people like this
Robert Morel September 2, 2019

Yes it would be helpful to have control over this on next gen boards. I feel like next gen boards are geared towards small teams with minimal requirements and workload. At a certain point when more advanced functionality is required it is expected that teams will move on to advanced or traditional boards.

When my manager asks me for more features like this I tell him that yes it is possible but we will need to migrate to traditional boards. As you can imagine 100% of the time this means the feature request is dropped as it is too much work.

Ivan Moskalev September 7, 2019

I'm afraid that judging by the lack of replies here, the Next-gen project is ditched.

Like Danilo Lorenzi likes this
John Young September 20, 2019

I reluctanctly agree.

Like Danilo Lorenzi likes this
Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2019

Hi everyone, my dearest apologies for the delay in updating you guys on this issue. I've been busy shipping new features to the roadmap, some exciting news to be shared next Tuesday! 

In the meantime, our team has been busy working on solving this problem for you. As a matter of fact, we're trying to solve this more holistically across board, backlog, and roadmap. We've got some prototypes in place and we'd love to get your input.

If you're interested, please find some time here. As a thank you for your time, we'll provide $100 giftcard. We'll only be taking 3 participants by next Wednesday, so sign up! 

Update : interview slots have now filled up and closed.

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2020

Hi @Robert Morel @Ivan Moskalev @John Young @Ellen Burns ,

My team is working on the ability to manually clear issues from the DONE column right now. Hang in there as we will be shipping this functionality soon!

Regards,

Ivan

Product Manager, Jira Software

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @Robert Morel @Ivan Moskalev @John_Young @Ellen_Burns ,

We have the feature ready for rollout to some customers for early access. If you want to be the first cohort of customers to get this feature, please register here: https://forms.gle/bv9HCdLbARfoXrLo6 

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

0 votes
Ash Smith April 3, 2019

Any update on this? Not being able to remove done items is going to have a move away from NextGen projects.

Elena Vladimirova April 4, 2019

We actually bit the bullet and enabled Sprints though we don't use them for that specific team (it's a business team, not a dev team). The slowness is still there though :/

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @Elena Vladimirova 

We have the feature ready for rollout to some customers for early access. If you want to be the first cohort of customers to get this feature, please register here: https://forms.gle/bv9HCdLbARfoXrLo6 

Sincerely,

Ivan Teong

Suggest an answer