How to I copy epic from classic to next gen project for free version.

Khushbu R March 26, 2020

I want to only add(copy/) epic from classic project to Next Gen.Dont want to remove epic create a duplicate copy in next gen.

I have also imported epic but not sure how to import epic on next gen.. looks like free version does not allow to import , cannot find import feature in next gen.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2020

Hi @Khushbu R,

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

To copy an epic to a next-gen project (also works for copying to another classic project) go to the epic and click the ellipsis button up in the right-hand corner and select Clone. Once you have cloned the epic, go to the cloned one and again click the ellipsis and this time select Move and then move it to your next-gen project. 

Khushbu R March 26, 2020

I want to do it for multiple epic (bulk changes )

Khushbu R March 26, 2020

Thank You @Mikael Sandberg 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2020

There is no option to do a bulk copy unless you get an app like Deep Clone for Jira, the closest you can get is to clone each epic manually and then just bulk change to move them.

Suggest an answer