It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do you release in kanban?

From the docs:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver0711/deploying-a-release-955166235.html

But there is no Release button on a Kanban board.

image.pngSo how is it done?

4 answers

2 votes
Syauqi Atlassian Team Oct 10, 2018

Hi Bryan,

I can see that you are viewing the Agility Project (Next Gen Software Project) which is currently in beta stage at the moment. The function are still limited compared to classic project at the moment. Feel free to watch on this blog to be notified of any changes: What's coming soon for next-gen projects in Jira Software Cloud.

If you're looking to use the Release feature, you can bulk move the issues to a classic board.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Cheers, Syauqi

I think it's the most important feature of next gen Kanban.

It is not possible to have a dead end column with thousands of stories in it

Hi,

I just migrated a Classic Kanban project to Next Gen and have no possibility to release closed tickets. I Have hundreds of them in the "closed" column which pollutes the readabiliy.

This does not seem to be in the coming soon roadmap :( 

Is there a workaround?

Thanks.

Just rolled back to Classic configuration the time to get releases part of Next Gen.

I've just spent 3 hours migrating to Nextgen ! Great :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

433 views 4 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you