How do I finish a sprint in Next Gen?

Trevor Loveland May 21, 2019

I had a sprint where all issues were marked as complete.

I created a new sprint and added a new set of issues.

I then selected "Complete Sprint" on the first sprint

Then selected "Start Sprint" on the second sprint.

I was shocked to find all the issues from the first sprint appear on the new sprint.

I've now got 109 issues in my new sprint, even though most of them were marked as "Done" in the previous sprint.

How can I get rid of all the "done" issues?

I don't want the list get get bigger and bigger.

4 answers

0 votes
Trevor Loveland May 27, 2019

I'm still having problems.

I thought I'd be able to do a bulk move of all the "Done" issues to another sprint.

The problem I'm having is it requires me to enter a number id for the sprint I'm moving to.

How do I find the sprint id?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2019

Hi Trevor,

To find the sprint ID, please go to Issues and Filters > Search issues and use the advanced mode. Search for "Sprint =", find the name of the desired print and select it. The name will be converted to a number and that's the sprint ID. 
Here is a gif showing how to search:
Screen Recording 2019-05-27 at 02.33 PM.gif

Thanks @Angélica Luz 

Using that method, I was able to set the sprint that it should move all the the issues to.

Unfortunately, it removed them from the 1st sprint, but nothing went into the second sprint. All the issues seem to have disappeared.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2019

If you search for the sprint on the Issues and Filters the tickets associated with the sprint should be there. Depending on the status the tickets have, they should appear on the sprint. Just make sure to filter the necessary tickets before bulk editing.

0 votes

Hi @Angélica Luz and @Petter Gonçalves 

Thanks for your comments.

I think the issue was because I had added an extra "Accepted" column after "Done". I was waiting for the client to confirm they were happy with the work we had completed, but could not wait until the client had accepted all the issues before we were able to start the next sprint.

I'll make sure I don't add any extra columns in future.

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
May 22, 2019

Hello Trevor,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

By default, all completed issues should not be dragged to the next sprint once their current Sprint is finished, so I believe there's some reason your issues are not been considered completed.

Let's try the topics below in order to work this out and make sure your issues won't be dragged to the next Sprint:

- In Next-gen, issues are considered completed in a Sprint when you drag it to the last column from left to right of the Board, and flag icon () is added to the issue card informing it is completed. Can you confirm if the Icon is appearing in the issues?

- Issues that were already closed when added to the Sprint will not receive a valid resolution and might remain as unresolved. For these ones, try to create a new column at the right of your current done column and manually move the issues, checking if the flag icon is configured

If the options above do not help, please provide us a screenshot of your next-gen board hiding the confidential information of your issue cards.

Let me know if this information helps.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
May 22, 2019

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for the details provided.
I tried to replicate the issue on a test environment but it worked normally.
Just for us to better understand, the issues that were done, was it on the last column or on your board there is another status after "Done"?
Can you check the ticket history to see if the issue was set as Done and then opened again? If possible, send us a screenshot of the history of one of the affected tickets.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events