It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can we rename the Board?

We have an existing Agile board but need to rename it, is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

If you are just trying to change the board name in next-gen, all you have to do is click on the board name and change it.  If you are trying to change the project name, you have to go into project settings.

One issue I am seeing is the original board name appears in the browser tab instead of the new one I changed it to. Even after the sprint has been completed and a new board name / sprint has been generated the original name resides in the browser tab.

Like # people like this

The name in the browser tab is the project name. You have to follow the steps shown above to change that name.

No, when you are on the Board screen of a Next Gen project, the browser tab shows the initial Board name you chose when you started the project, and does not reflect the change for each new sprint. Some of our projects go month to month, so my browser tab says July, 2019 (since that is when I created the project / first sprint) and we are in November, 2019. 

I went to my board name, clicked on it, changed it, and the name changed in the browser tab. I am using Kanban, so that may make a difference.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

The projects I am seeing have this issue are all using Scrum, so that is probably the difference.

jira1.pngjira2.png

You can change the name once the sprint is complete.  Do not start another sprint until you change the name.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Like Frank Baffi likes this

I'm looking forward to trying that out. Thanks for your help!

No Problem.  Let me know.

* Disable Sprints feature
* Rename board
* Enable Sprints feature again

Progress / Sprint is not lost during the process.

Like # people like this

@Kris-Gerhard Aabrams Thank you, you saved my day! Disabling Sprint and renaming did its job perfectly!

Like # people like this

Jesus Christ, what an amazingly complex way of simply allowing people to change the name of the board. Next-Gen has a convoluted way for doing the simplest things.

"Disable Sprints Feature" to expose a setting is next-level Usability

Like Max Dionysius likes this

@Jason Storkand @Kris-Gerhard Aabrams thank you. Finally figured out how to change the project name by using your instructions above. My main issue since the start was that the project name wouldn't change in the browser tab as indicated by @Mike Kren

0 votes

Hi @Frank Baffi ,

The board admin can modify it as follows.

name.png

Is this for next-gen projects? I can't see this setting and am the project owner, do I require SysAdmin permissions for Jira?

Hi @Frank Baffi ,

Next-gen project name can be modified in the project settings.

sv1.png

Where, exactly? Changing the key doesn't change the board name for me.

You can change the name once the sprint is complete.  Do not start another sprint until you change the name.

Like Søren Løbner likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

412 views 4 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you