How can non-admins see subtasks in the board?

Alejandro Yanez December 3, 2019

Hi, I see some similar questions but from different dates and a bit confusing. 

As I understand it at the moment subtasks are only visible in a next gen board if you are an admin and Group By Subtask.

When will a non-admin be able to see the subtasks on the original cars AND on the board? Is that in the works or not? 

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2019

Hi Alejandro,

I see that you are wanting to be able to see subtasks as a card on a next-gen board.  There seems to be some confusion over this feature.  In the current Next-gen cloud software projects, only board admins have the ability to set the Group By feature. 

While non-admins don't have this group by function, if an admin sets the board to use the Group By: Subtasks, then all users will be able to see the subtasks as such.   Non-admin users would just need to load/reload that board after the group by setting has been set.

So it's technically not that member users can't see subtasks, but members can't choose the group by setting that can display subtasks as cards on the board.  Only board admins can do that.

There is an existing feature request for next-gen subtasks to appear on a board in JSWCLOUD-18064.  I would recommend watching this issue for updates.  Although this is rather vaguely worded right now, I suspect that this kind of functionality is something that would be encompassed in that particular request.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer