How can I manage closed sprints in next-gen? I need to edit a sprint name, and delete a sprint.

Bernadette Buck October 21, 2019

Hi folks,

I need to edit a sprint name, and delete a sprint in a next-gen project. Both sprints are already closed. I am an Administrator on the project so I know I have Manage Sprints permission. I can create sprints. Is editing a sprint name or deleting a sprint available in next-gen yet? I saw on this post as of Feb 2019 it seems it is not yet. Any update?

Thanks,

Bernadette

[eta "closed"]

7 answers

4 votes
Kayla Hennegin April 9, 2020

+1. Would like to be able to edit closed sprints for NextGen. If you accidentally close, or notice a typo in name or description (after you close), it's frustrating to not be able to make changes.

2 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

Hi Bernadette,

It seems you can. In the backlog view of your board, find the button with the 3 dots next to the sprint's name. There you can edit sprint details and even delete the sprint:

Screenshot 2019-10-21 at 16.12.33.png

Bernadette Buck October 21, 2019

Thank you! I should have specified, the sprints I want to edit and delete are closed, so they don't appear on the backlog screen. I updated my question to clarify.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

Indeed. I'm afraid next gen projects do not support updates to closed sprints yet. In classic projects, you can reopen a sprint from the Sprint report, but this is not fully featured yet for next-gen projects.

See also this community post about the reporting 

Like Bernadette Buck likes this
Nick Kendall-Bar March 4, 2020

Just wanted to chip in and say that this would be useful, even if you just made the Sprint Report able to change the date and edit other information about it. The other way to solve this that would be nice is to have "closed" sprints show up in the backlog if you toggle on a "closed sprints" filter.

Sorry to say but this is a pretty basic feature and comes up pretty quick when trying to set up a jira project.

Like Kayla Hennegin likes this
1 vote
Nick Kendall-Bar April 9, 2020

@Bernadette Buck can we "unaccept" the answer here... since the question says "closed sprints" it does not solve the problem :)

It might also stop me from getting my hopes up when it says that a question i'm watching has an accepted solution :P

Bernadette Buck April 9, 2020

Excellent idea, done!

0 votes
Matt Gnann July 7, 2021

Next Gen Jira fails again

0 votes
YassineTracktor October 9, 2020

"not on next Gen" "not on next gen"... I am still wondering why I ended up on this Next Gen

Greg Zapert October 9, 2020

LOL. "next gen" sounds good though, doesn't it... ;)

RamPrasanth.Jahadhishan November 6, 2020

Many basic features are still missing in the "Next Gen" which makes the transition from Classic to Next Gen a nightmare I would say. :(

0 votes
Suelen Carvalho July 21, 2020

I've created a test sprint to test next gen project and after I discover this, that I cant just delete, It is very important guys, please, pay attention on that!!!

0 votes
Greg Zapert June 4, 2020

+1. I need to change sprint numbers retroactively and cannot do it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events