Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I manage closed sprints in next-gen? I need to edit a sprint name, and delete a sprint. Edited

Hi folks,

I need to edit a sprint name, and delete a sprint in a next-gen project. Both sprints are already closed. I am an Administrator on the project so I know I have Manage Sprints permission. I can create sprints. Is editing a sprint name or deleting a sprint available in next-gen yet? I saw on this post as of Feb 2019 it seems it is not yet. Any update?

Thanks,

Bernadette

[eta "closed"]

5 answers

+1. Would like to be able to edit closed sprints for NextGen. If you accidentally close, or notice a typo in name or description (after you close), it's frustrating to not be able to make changes.

Hi Bernadette,

It seems you can. In the backlog view of your board, find the button with the 3 dots next to the sprint's name. There you can edit sprint details and even delete the sprint:

Screenshot 2019-10-21 at 16.12.33.png

Thank you! I should have specified, the sprints I want to edit and delete are closed, so they don't appear on the backlog screen. I updated my question to clarify.

Indeed. I'm afraid next gen projects do not support updates to closed sprints yet. In classic projects, you can reopen a sprint from the Sprint report, but this is not fully featured yet for next-gen projects.

See also this community post about the reporting 

Like Bernadette Buck likes this

Just wanted to chip in and say that this would be useful, even if you just made the Sprint Report able to change the date and edit other information about it. The other way to solve this that would be nice is to have "closed" sprints show up in the backlog if you toggle on a "closed sprints" filter.

Sorry to say but this is a pretty basic feature and comes up pretty quick when trying to set up a jira project.

Like Kayla Hennegin likes this

@Bernadette Buck can we "unaccept" the answer here... since the question says "closed sprints" it does not solve the problem :)

It might also stop me from getting my hopes up when it says that a question i'm watching has an accepted solution :P

Excellent idea, done!

0 votes

+1. I need to change sprint numbers retroactively and cannot do it.

I've created a test sprint to test next gen project and after I discover this, that I cant just delete, It is very important guys, please, pay attention on that!!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

1,268 views 4 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you