How can I disable the development panel on next-gen projects?

Erick Armes January 22, 2019

We have non-software-dev teams who are trying out JIRA's next-gen projects.  I'm trying to keep the interface as simple as possible to encourage adoption.  For the most part, next-gen projects check that box...with the exception of the 'development panel,' which we use for our software dev teams and their classic JIRA projects. Is there any way to turn off the development panel for next-gen projects?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2019

Hello Erick,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!
As your instance is integrated with GitHub, the development panel will show on all Jira Software projects, it's not possible to remove it. It also happens for add-ons like Tempo, Portfolio, for example, once you install it will show on all projects where it's possible to use it.

Regards,
Angélica

Erick Armes January 24, 2019

@Angélica Luz - thank you for the response.  We're trying out next-gen projects for non-software-dev projects, meaning the Github integration is not helpful, and it adds to the visual clutter that tends to drive non-devs in our organization away from JIRA.  Are you saying there is no way to hide the integration from next-gen projects?  If that's the case, is there an existing feature request or bug report I can add my vote to?

Like # people like this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2019

Hi Erick,

There is an option to disable/hide the development panel in Jira, but it will not work for next-gen because for now, we don't have the ability to edit permissions on next-gen.
Here is the documentation where it shows how to remove:
- How To Remove or Edit Access to Development Panel

Here is the feature request that suggests the ability to manage permissions in next-gen:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17159

For now, there is no workaround to hide the dev panel since if disabled the module, for example, it will reflect on all SW projects.

Regards,
Angélica

Erick Armes January 30, 2019

Thank you.  I've logged a feature suggestion.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
1 vote
Dmitry Astapkovich _Colined_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2020

And here we are in end of May 2020, still wanting to remove this Development section. Any changes? 

0 votes
Raffaele Ziraldo February 3, 2021

In the Classic projetcts we can hide Developement field in the issue type...
That are not "Next"-Gen projetcs....they are "Previous"-Gen projetcs....previous than the Classic ones...
Two years and no update on this...disheartening...

Suggest an answer