How can I determine if a Project Template includes Releases?

Rosa M Fossi August 27, 2018

It seems that the various JIRA project Templates provide different options...  Which of the templates offer/allow Releases?  Just Kanban and Scrum?

2 answers

1 vote
Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2018

@Rosa M Fossi 

Only software project template offer release mgmt,

This will help Discovering Jira applications

Rosa M Fossi August 28, 2018

Thanks Muhammet,   I do understand that... but how do I know which of the templates are "software projects" ?  Some of them are obvious, but with some of the other templates I can't really tell.

jira some of the template options.png

Rosa M Fossi August 28, 2018

jira some of the template options 02.png

Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2018

@Rosa M Fossi

Classic templates :

Allow you can manage software release delivery (release,sprint,stories,bugs,etc..)

Featured templates: 

lightweight version of the classic and still under development and doesn't contain all software project features, it doesn't contain release mgmt in the meantime.

Other templates:

These are not a software project templates and doesn't support release mgmt except bug tracking template which support only tracking the bugs/tasks per release.

it is expected that jira will continue update the feature templates, so, in future you can use the preview button to check the release section exist or not.

I hope this will help

0 votes
Rosa M Fossi August 29, 2018

Thank you so much @Mohamed Adel!!!  I appreciate the information. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events