How can I copy Agility board to a new project?

Tsuf Barkai September 17, 2018

We've created an agility board for project/software management.
All went well, but now that we want to create another project with the same settings, it seems impossible to copy boards from agility projects.

In the following image (it's a screenshot from the "Boards" view) you can see that the top 4 projects have options and the 2 at the bottom (Agility) have no option.

Screenshot (83).png

Also when trying to create a project with shared settings, the Agility boards won't show.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2018

Hi @Tsuf Barkai! Apologies for the confusion. The new Agility projects are independently configured and it's not currently possible to share settings or boards with these projects. You can read a bit more about why we have started with this here. In the future we will provide a mechanism for sharing settings. 

We're currently working on how we can make the distinction between the project types more clear to avoid the situation you have found yourself in.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,

Eoin

Product Manager, Jira Software

Tsuf Barkai September 20, 2018

Hi Eoin,

Thanks for the quick response!

I understand. 

So if we created a whole bunch of issue type and sort of a workflow for project management, the only way for us to replicate this project is manually, correct?

No way to copy only issue types maybe?

Thanks again! 

Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2018

Hi @Tsuf Barkai. Ya exactly. You would need to set up your new project manually. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. Hopefully it doesn't take too long. 

Cheers,

Eoin

Product Manager, Jira Software

Tsuf Barkai October 2, 2018

I understand.

Thanks, @Eoin.

Sorry for taking so long to answer.

We will copy manually.

Thanks again 

Suggest an answer