• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hide completed stories from Backlog in Next Gen Project

Is there anyway to hide completed stories from the backlog view on a Next Gen Kanban Project.

Scrolling through 70 completed stories when trying to prioritize the board and sort the backlog is maddening.

Thanks 

Mike

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Mike,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

I'm not sure if I understood correctly your request, but I tested on my local site and when closing a Story or any other issue on the backlog, it will not show anymore.

How are the stories completed? Are you using the last status that sets a resolution or is it another status?

If the resolution is set, the ticket will not appear in the backlog, so please let us know more details about the steps you are following and we will test here to check what is happening.

Regards,
Angélica

Hi Angelica, 

Thanks for taking the time to have a look, so Im only talking about Next Gen projects here and ones that are cloud based in particular.

Unfortunately I can't show you a screenshot as it contains too much confidential material but if you open the backlog tab on the left if shows two collapsable areas (board and backlog). Both will retain closed stories for up to 14 days and with a great team and small stories that can lead to a lot of closed stories showing up in a section that is primarily useful for stack ranking stories in importance.

Hope that helps clarify.

Thank you for the details, Mike.

On next-gen projects, there are three types of status: ToDo (Grey), In Progress (Blue), Done (Green).

The first column of the board will always be ToDo and the last one Done. All other statuses between those two will be In Progress.

With that said, it's important that when closing a ticket, the status must be the Green one because only the Done status will set a resolution. When a resolution is set then it starts counting 14 days to hide it from the backlog and from the board.

If someone moves the ticket to the last column and then change it to In Progress again and moves again to Done, it will start counting 14 days again.

A board can have many statuses, so for example, if someone creates a status called "Resolved" like the example below, the name is Resolved but it doesn't mean that a resolution was added since the last column is the only one that adds a resolution.

Screenshot 2020-01-23_08-42-45-363.png

Please, confirm that the tickets that must be hidden from the board have a resolution:

Screenshot 2020-01-23_08-44-57-364.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

5,198 views 5 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you