Closing DONE Tasks and WorkFlow

fgrande November 25, 2019

Hi all,

I'm really new to Jira, I started a new Cloud instance, so I'm working on a Next-Gen Project... I understand I'm in a still growing-up environment, isn't it ? 

I built some task, working on them I put them on a DONE column,... Looks like there's no way to make them disappear from my Kanban. I search in the docs and I found notes about "Closing" or "Solving" tasks, but I'm not able to accomplish this simple task.

At the same time, I saw Workflows, but they are "inactive" and I can't find a way to activate them....

Could someone explain me what clue am I missing, please ? 

Thanks in Advance

FabioG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2019

Hi,

issues in a Done column in next-gen projects will be removed automatically from your board and archived after 14 days.

Unfortunately this timing is atm not configurable so feel free to vote on JSWCLOUD-17335 

Sue Hannan February 24, 2020

I'm looking for the same feature. I would like to configure the 14 days to be longer for our scenario.

0 votes
blim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2019

@fgrande Hi, I'm a Product Manager on Jira Software.

If you had workflows today, what would you do with it?

fgrande December 9, 2019

Hi,

I don't know exactly.... I have a flow in my mind, but I don't know if it's actually applicable...

I need to learn how WF works to figure out their possibilities....

blim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2019

@fgrande Makes sense. Would you like to discuss over video chat? Feel free to book time on my calendar here: https://calendly.com/limbryan/workflows-on-jira-cloud-next-gen

Suggest an answer