Checklists In Next-Gen

Alicia Pino March 26, 2019

I see both the check box and checklist features for the Next-Gen boards but cannot figure out how they work. I'm looking for a checklist feature similar to the functionality of the one in Trello that can be customized per story. How does the checklist feature in the Next-Gen boards even work?

Is there a plug in that you would recommend over the imbedded feature?

3 answers

4 votes
Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 27, 2019

Hello @Alicia Pino,

I cannot see a built-in checklist on my side in the Next-Gen project so you might see some new feature that Jira provides. 

Please note that the following icon in New Issue View is related to sub-tasks and not a checklist. 

subtasks.png

When comes to the checklist, I can propose an Issue Checklist Free provided by my team or its paid sibling Issue Checklist Pro

They both come with many useful features that should satisfy your needs (e.g. copy/paste like in Trello). Below is an example screenshot of how the apps look. 

checklist-example.png

In case of any questions related to the product, I'm happy to help so feel free to ask :)

Cheers,
Jack

Alicia Pino March 27, 2019

Thank you @Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_  I'll give it a try this week and let you know if I have questions. 

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 16, 2019

BTW. The checklist can be shown in the Jira mobile app now (in text format only): https://gebsun-support.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/IC/pages/1223786517/Show+checklist+in+mobile+app

3 votes
Paweł Albecki March 27, 2019

Hi Alicia,

For a simple checklist, you can just use Subtasks. However, if you need more than one checklist, the overhead with subtasks it too large or you want to configure some checklist templates to speed up your work, I recommend you Multiple Checklists for Jira.

Best,

Paweł

Thanks Pawel - in some cases, we will use subtasks. In others, the checklist functionality is desired as the items that need to be on the list are very short and minor and would make the boards overwhelming long to manage. 

Like Paweł Albecki likes this
Vasily Meleshko July 23, 2019

Will it work with mobile app?

Paweł Albecki July 23, 2019

@Vasily Meleshko  No, official mobile apps don't currently support 3rd party plugins.

0 votes
Alina Kachan_Railsware_ March 27, 2019

Hey, @Alicia Pino !

You might also want to take a look at Smart Checklist add-on as a tool for creating easily manageable checklists on your next-gen projects. Minimalistic and intuitive UX can help in creating to do lists that streamline the workload drastically. Btw, just like Trello checklists, it offers the possibility of copy-pasting the items from the clipboard for creating action lists on-the-fly (some details here).

Thank you @Alina Kachan_Railsware_

I'll give it a try. 

Suggest an answer