Change the Default Assignee in Next-Gen JIRA Project

James Daniel February 26, 2020

Hi there,

We are trying to figure out how to change the Default Assignee in one of our Next-Gen JIRA Projects. Any idea on how this can be done? I would assume this sort of functionality would easily be able to be edited in the Project Settings, but it is nowhere to be found!

We have somebody who created the original next-gen JIRA project no longer managing it for our team, so we are trying to give the ownership to a new manager so they can get all the new tickets assigned to them by default when a new issue is created in that Next-Gen JIRA Project.

2 answers

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 27, 2020
James Daniel March 19, 2020

Thanks for the response @Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_ ! I took a look at that thread and unforuntately, the latest comments were about how it works for Next-Gen Service Desk, which we are not using because our org is using next-gen scrum projects.

Besides that, the only other comments I saw that talked about a potential solution claim that it no longer works starting from August 27, 2019.

Suggest an answer