Cannot create NextGen project

Raymond Garcia April 11, 2020

Hi, I have the same problem. Could you guide me to solve this issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2020

Hello Raymond, 

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Checking the ticket that was created, it didn't have a resolution, so we will need to investigate it in order to fix it. 

Can you please go to Jira settings > System > Global permissions and confirm if the administrators and site-admins have permission to create next-gen projects?

Does it show any error when trying to create the project? Please, open the developer tools on your browser to check if it shows additional details and if possible, send us a screenshot.

Is it happening to other users?

Regards,
Angélica

Raymond Garcia April 14, 2020

Hi @Angélica Luz thanks for your response, I followed your step but  it doesn't work, I  added the screenshotScreen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.44.41 AM.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2020

Thank you for the screenshot.

Searching for similar issues, I found one that is related to a bug that was already fixed, but some sites are still affected.

Please, go to the Jira settings > Issues > Custom fields.

Search for the Flagged custom field > Click on … > View field information. On this page, I need you to check if the context is set to Global (all issues). 

The error I found on the logs about the issue creation is the one below:

"message":"Failed to create project. Project type: ProjectTypeKey{key='software'}. Template: com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-simplified-agility-scrum. UUID: null","micros_container":"jira","pid":65,"product":"jira","thread":"http-nio-8090-exec-38","time":"2020-04-15T03:25:38.504715601Z","timestamp":"2020-04-15T03:25:38,503Z"}

If the context is not set to global, since the field is locked, I will create a ticket with our support, so it will be possible to access the database in order to change the context of the field.

Suggest an answer