Cannot Complete Sprint in Next-Gen

Brian VanArsdale July 1, 2019

Unable to complete a sprint - getting the message: "Something's gone wrong - refresh the page and try again". 

Happening on both board and backlog.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Julien Femia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2019

Hey @Brian VanArsdale,

I'm sorry the error message is not a bit more explicit and informative at the moment. We're working on making this better.

Do you have any incomplete subtasks in one of the issues in your project? That would prevent you from completing the sprint... Another thing that could prevent you from completing the sprint is permissions. Make sure you have the "managing issues" permissions on the project.

On a side note, If you open your console's network tab before trying to complete your sprint, you should see the error message that the API is returning. If you're affected by the above issue, you'll see something like this in the response:

Sprint cannot be completed as there are incomplete subtasks on following issues: xxx-xx

where xxx-xx is the parent issue(s) containing the incomplete subtasks.

Let me know if this helps!

0 votes
Jonas Laberg October 23, 2020

I have that too. This is a serious blocker to our work.

0 votes
Liam August 5, 2019

Edit: I raised a support ticket for this. In my case it was a confirmed bug. There was a workaround provided which worked for me.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18065

We just encountered this on one of our next-gen projects. All subtasks are closed for issues in the current active sprint.

The console indicates that one issue has incomplete subtasks. However, that issue is not in the active sprint we are trying to close. It is in the next sprint. 

But after looking at the activity history of the offending issue, it appears it was initially included in the active sprint, but was then moved to the next sprint. Perhaps there is a bug with changing an issue from an active sprint to either an inactive one or to the backlog?

I tried moving the offending issue into the backlog, but the active sprint still won't close. Continues to produce the error that the issue has incomplete subtasks.

Julien Femia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2019

Hey @Liam

thanks for reaching out, and I'm glad someone from our support team was able to provide you with a workaround. The team will be working on a proper fix soon. You can follow the progress by watching the JSWCLOUD ticket.

Cheers!

Sunder Nagesh Kamapantula January 15, 2020

This issue doesn't seem to have got fixed yet. 

When we're trying to close the sprint, an error reading 'Something's gone wrong
Sprint cannot be completed as there are incomplete subtasks on following issues: ' 

For the subtasks being pointed to, we are unable to view the 'Sprint' field for (the subtasks).

Also, the main story has been moved out of the sprint in question here. 

Not sure how our sprint will get closed here...

Like Dávid Bortňák likes this
Eswar Vandanapu September 12, 2020

We are having the exact same issue.  It complains that two tasks have subtasks that are not completed, however the tasks in question are moved out of the sprint.  This is making the next-gen project really unusable. 

0 votes
charu chhabra July 31, 2019

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue, was  able to complete the sprint earlier,but now its not working and getting the error:-

"Something's gone wrong - refresh the page and try again". 

Have checked all the subtask they  are in complete state.

Please suggest some other solution.

Brian VanArsdale July 31, 2019

The web console can provide some assistance - check there and see if there's more information.

Like Julien Femia likes this
Julien Femia
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2019

Hey @charu chhabra thanks for reaching out!

As Brian suggested above, can you open the web console and have a look at whether there is any error showing up in there? This might help you understand what is going on.

As I said in my message from a couple of weeks back, we're working on providing more meaningful error messages as we speak. Stay tuned!

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
July 1, 2019

Hi Brian, 

Are you still getting such an error ? I have just tried to reproduce this and can not.

If you are still getting an error when completing a sprint, can you please raise a support request at https://getsupport.atlassian.com

Regards

Nick

Suggest an answer